Tuesday, July 26, 2011

two quick things

1.  I'll fiddle with this bloggie and make it prettier, I promise, just not right now.

2.  was planning this post:

I don't know what happened to Spidey.  For the past week he's had his nose in a book.  Three months ago the kid was on the floor writing in torturous thoughts if we even suggested reading for 15 minutes.  He finished TWO books today!  WOWZAS!  I'm not complaining.

Aquaman, for his part, had regressed in his reading ability.  Yesterday I got smart (it takes me awhile) and asked why that boy wasn't reading.  He said, "Mom, if I go to first grade they won't care if I fall."  HUH?????  I assured him his teacher would care, his friends would care, the nurse would care, the recess proctors would care and I WOULD CARE.  Suddenly that boy can read.

Go figure.

Those boys confound me (in a very good way).

No comments:

Post a Comment