Thursday, August 25, 2011

and we wait. . .

Since our interview yesterday we have driven an hour and a half back to the Supergrandparents' home, packed up, loaded up the Superheroes, driven 2 1/2 hours home, had dinner, tucked in bed anticipating the first day of school, been woken up by a severe storm, then by the phone ringing to say there's no school on THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!, dropped the superheroes off at a friend's home so I could rush back for a meeting, had said meeting, picked up the Superheroes, went to the park for a picnic lunch and a play date,  settled a few skirmishes, watched tv, went to karate and came home.  Oh, yeah, I went to the grocery, too, and fed the kidlets.

You'd think I wouldn't have time to obsess or worry or convince myself that either I was dreaming and we didn't have the interview or I'm so totally inept at social cues (as is Superdad and our Social Worker) that we misinterpreted what was happening.  Yeah.

Monday seems to be an eternity away.  Yes, more than 24 hours have passed, but they have crept and we have more than 72 of those little things left knowing we are a family of four, praying we become a family of five.

I don't feel like we can prepare to have the child until we have an official match, no matter how promising it looks.  I WANT to, but it just seems wrong . . .

So I'm planning and praying (well, begging) and wondering if it's all a dream I'll wake up from soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment