Wednesday, August 17, 2011

some worries alleviated, but not the biggest one.

I'm writing this as my 7 1/2 year old makes breakfast for himself and his brother.  He's even being THOUGHTFUL!  He has changed the cup twice for his brother (it was the wrong color, sigh), he offered milk, threw trash away, just did a BANG UP job making instant oatmeal (gotta love Trader Joe's!).  Knowing my two superheroes are old enough to truly help, not "help" as little ones do, sure does make life with three kidlets (or four) sound easier.

The biggest worry?  We won't be matched with the one we want.

I'm too attached.  I want this kid.  Badly.  The kidlet seems so perfect for our family.  In my human mind, it would be cruel of God to dangle a kid like this so close to us and then yank that child away from our lives.  Without meeting the child, my heart is ready to love again; my heart has already expanded to include blow5.

Yet other families have an interview for this child.  Other families most likely WANT this child as strongly as we do.

Sigh.

All we can do is PRAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment